[mythtv-users] any way to 'optimize' s-video output from GeForce FX 5500?

Braindead Braindead at diablops.com
Tue Feb 6 21:28:52 UTC 2007

Now that I've had this running for a while, I see lots of folks tweaking modelines and the like.  I suspect due to s-video, my options are limited (if not simply none) for tweaking.  My TV is a Sony HD rear projection TV, 1080i max if I remember correctly.  It's got component video inputs, s-video, composite and DVI.

The GeForce FX 5500 only have VGA and S-video outputs.

Is there anything I can do to tweak the output?  It's pretty good, doesn't bother me at all really.  I'm just starting to think about making things better.

I suspect my only option is to upgrade the video card and drive the TV via component or DVI.

Thanks for any tips on this subject.