[mythtv-users] Ubuntu Edgy - MythWeb

A JM vbtalent at gmail.com
Wed Feb 7 12:22:13 UTC 2007

I don't want this thread to turn south so I'll just leave it at the
facts and avoid the he/she said stuff.

Since my problem was when I was trying to install Mythweb I "assumed"
it related to myth and someone with some more experience with Ubuntu
and mythweb might be able to shed some light on the subject..at least
I didn't start the topic with "OT"...

Well, I made some progress. I'm able to get Mythweb on the same
machine as the backend but not from another on the network. That
should answer a lot of unanswered questions as to the setup the box
so, in fairness Strollers point was valid...

Since the IP of the backend is 192.168.1.100 it appears that mythweb
is having a problem with it as it will load on
http://localhost/mythweb. My experience with setting up a Web on
Ubuntu has not allowed me to make decisions as to what could be the
problem so I'm relying on your input(s).

"Try running apachectl again and seeing what other errors show up (and
please let me know so that I can include this stuff in the install
documentation or the wiki)."

Unlesss the link exists on my Ubuntu Edgy when I try and restart
apache I get a [fail]. It appears by default that ' mod_env' is
compiled into apache.

mythtv at mythtv2:/etc$ sudo apache2 -l
Compiled in modules:
 core.c
 mod_access.c
 mod_auth.c
 mod_log_config.c
 mod_logio.c
 mod_env.c
 mod_setenvif.c
 prefork.c
 http_core.c
 mod_mime.c
 mod_status.c
 mod_autoindex.c
 mod_negotiation.c
 mod_dir.c
 mod_alias.c
 mod_so.c

On the other hand mod_rewrite needs to be linked. (sudo ln -s
/etc/apache2/mods-available/rewrite.load
/etc/apache2/mods-enabled/rewrite.load)

mythtv at mythtv2:~$ sudo apache2ctl configtest

Syntax error on line 126 of /etc/apache2/conf.d/mythweb.conf:
Invalid command 'RewriteEngine', perhaps mis-spelled or defined by a

This is line 126:
   # Turn on the rewrite engine
       RewriteEngine  on

Thanks for all the input and suggestions.

AJM,