[mythtv-users] [Mythtv-Users} Mythmail Dead? anyone confirm deny....

Steve Hodge stevehodge at gmail.com
Thu Feb 8 09:47:03 UTC 2007

On 2/8/07, Chris Henderson <jchendo at gmail.com> wrote:

> On 2/7/07, Bill <Bill at explosivo.com> wrote:
> >
> > I don't assume that... I actually have a BTC wireless myself (yes, its
> > well worth the $35).  I still would probably not be doing email
> > composing on it.
> >

> I got the version before that a year or so ago, It does not have the
> handles. But i found that the IR was crap. it would, like, stick the button
> down and fill the screen with a repeating number. (the button was not stuck
> down.) tried new batteries, rechargeable and corse words directed at it.

Mine's the one with the handles. It's pretty good. It's RF rather than IR
and has very good range, at least 3m. I often use mine from about 5m though
I have to get the right orientation to get it to work at that range. When I
bought it the only RF MS and Logitech keyboards I could find were aimed at
desktops and had ranges of about 1m. I see then new model BTC is 2.4GHz one
with a 10m range.

Steve