[mythtv-users] nuvexport problem, consumes all resources, locks machine

Mike Chandler michaelachandler at cox.net
Fri Feb 9 00:13:35 UTC 2007

On Wednesday 07 February 2007 18:45, Mike Chandler wrote:
> Hello again,
> Trying to archive my TV shows as SVCDs, but I'm having a problem.
> First, using ffmpeg, the job gets done alright, but the quality lacks
> something. I read to use transcode for better quality, so using
> --transcode, (with no noise reduction selected)) the export begins, CPU
> goes to 98-100%, gradually all memory (1.5gb) then all swap (611mb) is used
> up.
> At around 12% export finished, the machine simply locks up and forced to
> reboot.
> If there's anyone who could point me in the right direction, I'd appreciate
> it.
> Thanks.
> (Pentium 4 at 3.0 ghz, 1.5gb ram, nvidia geforce fx5200, running on a
> debian etch OS.)

(Wow, guess nobody else does SVCDs...)
Anyway - to add some detail, using XVID instead of SVCD works correctly,
though still using 98-100% CPU, the job gets done.
I haven't tried any other of the possible formats.
Wonder if there's a problem specific to SVCD with mythtranscode.
If there's something I could add to invoke some responses here, please let me
know.
Thanks.