[mythtv-users] Choppy HDTV playback

Byron Poland wpoland at gmail.com
Fri Feb 9 13:32:20 UTC 2007

> Only it isn't. My 2600 plays back 1080i material just fine as well.
> Roughly 2 years ago, I had an Athlon XP 1800+ that could *almost* cut
> it for 1080i material as well.

I have a frontend only Athlon XP 2500 or 2600 overclocked to look like
a 2700.  It plays back 720p and 1080i without a problem... (no
deinterlacing, no xvmc)  Only thing I notice, is issues if I try to
watch live sports, or watch a recording in progress (Seems to drop
frames, but I haven't checked recently).  My only complaint is the
system is too loud.