[mythtv-users] Processor Recommendations?

John Pierce john.j35 at gmail.com
Fri Feb 9 16:48:07 UTC 2007

Hello list members!

I have googled, read xen wiki, looked at amd and intel web sites and
still cannot come up with a definitive answer.  I am, within the next
week, going to purchase two laptops and I want to be able to run xen
source with full virtualization on at least one of them (my wife still
needs win xp).

Here is what I came up with so far, correct me if I am wrong, any of
the Turion X2's will support hardware vitualization and any of the
core 2 duo's (except 2 specific like T5200 and T5400) will support
hardware virtualization.

I have, tried to be anyway, been a supporter of amd where possible
since way back in the lawsuit days.  What can I say, I like the
underdog.

I would prefer the Turions but am will to settle for the core 2s.

Thoughts and Suggestions very welcome.

--
John

Registered Linux User 263680, get counted at
http://counter.li.org