[mythtv-users] Tuner Status Causes Backend To Fail

moodyjunk at frontiernet.net moodyjunk at frontiernet.net
Fri Feb 9 19:21:34 UTC 2007

I removed one of my Tuner cards (PVR 500) and continued to with the
other (PVR 350).  Playback, recordings, etc work fine, but when I get
into Information Center -> System Status -> Tuner Status the Backend
fails.  If I manually restart the Backend (mythbackend &) it runs, but
the Frontend still thinks it's down.  A reboot is necessary to recover.

I can easily avoid the problem, but thought I should document it for a
possible future fix.

Jerry