[mythtv-users] Only seing channel from one source?

Nick Morrott knowledgejunkie at gmail.com
Sat Feb 10 03:23:49 UTC 2007

On 10/02/07, Jan Johansson <j2 at mupp.net> wrote:
> >mysql> SELECT sourceid,channum,name,callsign,xmltvid FROM channel
> >ORDER BY callsign;
> >
> >You will get a listing that will immediately show channels with
> >matching CALLSIGNS next to each other, with or withouth their XMLTVID.
>
> I now have as below (which seem right).
>
> But, encoder 1 still does not get used. And I do seem to have channel
> data for the various sources (Look at end of post for example)

Probably due to the order the cards were added hence their relative
recording priority to each other. encoder 1 (which cardinput is this?)
probably has a lower recpriority/preference than the card which is
being chosen instead.

<snip>

> |     10 |        3 | 10      | TV6                       | TV6
> | tv6.viasat.se                     |
> |   6003 |        6 | 10      | TV6                       | TV6
> | tv6.viasat.se                     |
> |   1006 |        1 | 10      | TV6                       | TV6
> | tv6.viasat.se                     |

Good

<snip>

> mysql> select count(*) from program where chanid=1006;
> +----------+
> | count(*) |
> +----------+
> |      316 |
> +----------+
> 1 row in set (0.00 sec)
>
> mysql> select count(*) from program where chanid=6003;
> +----------+
> | count(*) |
> +----------+
> |      286 |
> +----------+
> 1 row in set (0.00 sec)
>
> mysql> select count(*) from program where chanid=10;
> +----------+
> | count(*) |
> +----------+
> |      316 |
> +----------+
> 1 row in set (0.01 sec)

Good - we have some listings on each source. Now, try:

mysql> SELECT cardid,cardtype,defaultinput FROM capturecard ORDER BY cardid;

mysql> SELECT cardid,cardinputid,sourceid,inputname,recpriority,preference
FROM cardinput ORDER BY recpriority;

These queries should shed light on how your cards and inputs are
configured and why one card is winning over the other. Do all channels
on all source have the same recpriority also? We need a level playing
field...

Nick
--
MythTV Official wiki: