[mythtv-users] I just added a PCHD5500 card to my backend, now what?

Kurt Yoder ktymyth at yoderhome.com
Sat Feb 10 15:48:04 UTC 2007

On Feb 10, 2007, at 9:06 AM, Derek Tattersall wrote:

> I just added a PCHDTV5500 card to my backend, which also has a PVR500
> card in it. After some messing around, I am now able to receive the
> broadcast digital signals with the DVB card. I have the PVR500  card
> connected to the cable. I get my program information from Zap2it
> for the
> cable connection, and that part of the system works just fine.
>
> What I would like to know is how do I set up the DVB card in
> Mythtv? The
> card shows up in the set up screen, but I haven't figured out how
> to set
> up the video source. I need to set up a separate source of channel
> information for the DVB card right? How do I configure Mythtv to
> use the
> PVR500 for the cable channels, and the DVB card for the broadcast
> channels only? Also the program line up on the HD broadcast
> channels is
> sometimes different for the line up on the regular channels. How do I
> get this information into Mythtv?
>
> Is there a HOWTO for this kind of setup somewhere?

I just went through exactly the same thing.

Check these:

http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/index.php/PcHDTV_HD-5500
http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/index.php/Configuring_HDTV
http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/index.php/
Adding_QAM_Channels_For_HDTV_Tuner_Cards (maybe outdated, see next)
http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/index.php/Frontend_Channel_Editor

--

Kurt Yoder
http://yoderhome.com