[mythtv-users] Only seing channel from one source?
knowledgejunkie at gmail.com
Sat Feb 10 19:27:46 UTC 2007
On 10/02/07, Jan Johansson <j2 at mupp.net> wrote:
> >These queries should shed light on how your cards and inputs are
> >configured and why one card is winning over the other. Do all channels
> >on all source have the same recpriority also? We need a level playing
> Well, now it schedules from DVB, but it does not record.
> I tried a manual recording from a channel, and I got:
> ==> /var/log/mythtv/mythbackend.log <==
> 2007-02-10 10:18:02.970 DVBChan(0) Error: Unable to find channel in
> 2007-02-10 10:18:02.971 DVBChan(0) Error: SetChannelByString(10): Failed
> to initialize channel options
> 2007-02-10 10:18:02.972 TVRec(1) Error: Failed to set channel to 10.
> Reverting to kState_None
> 2007-02-10 10:18:02.973 TVRec(1): Changing from RecordingOnly to None
> 2007-02-10 10:18:02.982 Canceled recording (Recorder Failed): 10 (TV6)
> "Sat Feb 10 10:18:00 2007": channel 6003 on cardid 1, sourceid 6
My advice at this stage would be to:
1) Delete all video sources (make sure you choose the Delete All option)
2) Delete all capture cards (choose the Delete All option again)
3) Add your DVB card. Add and configure your DVB video source
including adding your channels from channels.conf. Configure the Input
connection for the DVB card.
4) Exit mythtv-setup and run mythfilldatabase to get some program listings.
5) Startup mythbackend and then mythfrontend and make sure scheduling,
LiveTV and recordings work on your DVB card.
6) _Once this is working_ configure your other cards, adding them in
descending order of preference.
Report back with a story of success :)
MythTV Official wiki:
MythTV users list archive:
"An investment in knowledge always pays the best interest." - Benjamin Franklin
More information about the mythtv-users