[mythtv-users] consecutive recordings not working

Bruce Markey bjm at lvcm.com
Sat Feb 10 20:10:35 UTC 2007

David Engel wrote:
> On Thu, Feb 08, 2007 at 12:48:08PM -0800, Bruce Markey wrote:
>> David Engel wrote:
>>> Isn't that supposed to be an rsCancelled case?  It's been a long while
>>> since I looked at that code.
>> Ya ever noticed how many ...hundreds  of people on these lists
>> try their luck at replying with 'expert' advice and don't even
>> try the guesses that they are suggesting? A former co-worker
>> made a good case for the value of credibility and I try to
>> verify simple things before I put my foot in my mouth (but it
>> doesn't always work out that way =).
>>
>> Before I replied, I tried a couple live to record transitions
>> to verify what would happen. Had I not done so, I'd confidently
>> say that choosing to continue would mark the scheduled show as
>> "c", rsCancelled. However, in practice it actually results in
>> rsAborted.
>
> My "question" was more a statement of that's supposed to create an
> rsCancelled than it was not believing you that it actually creates an
> rsAborted.  I'm sorry if that wasn't clear.

And my response was that despite what is supposed to happen,
by pressing keys rather than talking out of my own ass, this
is what I found really happens. Claiming that it should be
rsCancelled detracts from, rather than contributes to, an
understanding of Ryan's problem. I had hoped that I'd made
that clear.

> I'm not surprised in the least that scenario results in an rsAborted.
> That particular live TV dialog was so broken at one time after the
> tuner state handling was rewritten that I did and still do avoid it
> like the plague.  I am surprised, though, that you used it as an
> example of how to create an rsAborted and didn't qualify that it's not
> supposed to do that.

Um, What? I wasn't giving a 'how to' example, I was pointing
out what actually happens when I experimented with reproducing
the event in Ryan's log. I've said that I expected that this
should have resulted in rsCancelled but that's not what happens
and it would explain what happened on his system. There shouldn't
be an rsAborted without a partial file yet it happens as a result
of this erroneous state. What ought to have happened doesn't
change his log excerpt.

Your habit of disputing the general topics that you glean from
skimming my messages has become tiresome. You should first read
what you are replying to or is understanding an issue in direct
conflict with your being "adamant" about your preconceptions?

--  bjm