[mythtv-users] moving database from FC4 to gentoo (mysql 4 to 5)

Steve Hodge stevehodge at gmail.com
Sun Feb 11 21:25:13 UTC 2007

On 2/12/07, Brad Fuller <bradallenfuller at yahoo.com> wrote:

> On the FC4 machine running mysql version 4 I dumped the mythconverg
> database using:
> mysql dump -tc -u mythtv -p mythconverg > mythdb.sql

This is the problem - the "-t" switch tells mysqldump not to put table
creation statements in the dump file. That's what you want if you will be
reimporting the dump into an existing mythconverg db. But you want to
recreate the db from scratch so you needed those create table statements.

I assume you can't do another dump?

You might be able to get it working by doing a fresh Myth install (to
recreate the database) and then importing the dump file into that. You may
have to truncate all the tables first.

Cheers,
Steve