[mythtv-users] moving database from FC4 to gentoo (mysql 4 to 5)

Brad Fuller bradallenfuller at yahoo.com
Sun Feb 11 22:21:16 UTC 2007

David Campbell wrote:
> Brad Fuller wrote:
>
>> I'm looking thru the online MySql docs but can't find the answer. The
>> mythtv gossamer threads server seems to be down (Unable to connect to
>> search server: Connection refused)
>>
>> I'm trying to move a mythtv database from FC4 to Gentoo
>>
>> On the FC4 machine running mysql version 4 I dumped the mythconverg
>> database using:
>> mysql dump -tc -u mythtv -p mythconverg > mythdb.sql
>>
>> On the gentoo machine (it's actually the same machine) I ran the
>> mysql -u root -p < /usr/share/mythtv/database/mc.sql
>>
>> because I figured I needed to add the user first.
>>
>> I DROP'd the database and I tried to restore the database using from the
>> FC4 database:
>>
>> mythsql -u mythtv -p mythconverg < mythdb.sql
>>
>> but I receive the following error:
>>
>> ERROR 1146 (42S02) at line 21: Table 'mythconverg.callsignnetworkmap'
>> doesn't exist.
>>

> 1. delete the database on gentoo
>
> mysql -uroot -p
>
> mysql> drop database mythconverg;
>
> Then recreate it;
>
> mysql> create database mythconverg;
>
> 2. Dump the myth db on the fc server
>
> mysqldump --opt -uroot -p mythconverg > mythconverg.sql
>
> 3. import the database on the gentoo server
>
> mysql -uroot -p mythconverg < mythconverg.sql

Thanks David, that worked!
However, if I go to mythtvsetup, none of the cards are setup. I've setup
several MythTVs, but never moved a database (always did it from scratch)
so this is new to me.

I would have figured that mythtv-setup would have all the cards,
channels, etc filled in. I see that I have channel data, but no card or
input source data. Why would this be?