[mythtv-users] Powerstrip modeline not working

Steven Adeff adeffs.mythtv at gmail.com
Mon Feb 12 15:31:10 UTC 2007

On 2/12/07, Phill Edwards <philledwards at gmail.com> wrote:
> > see if this tv's modes work with your plasma
> >
> > http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/index.php/Modeline_Database#Panasonic_TX32LXD52
>
> Unfortunately not.
>
> My TV manual lists resolutions, horiz freqs and vert freqs. Is that
> enough to get me going if I use an online modeline generator? Or is
> there some other way - it surely shouldn't be this hard to get a brand
> new plasma screen running in a mode other than 800x600?!?

if your using an NVIDIA card with a recent driver (and if your running
a HDTV you should use the 9xxx series) you can try the ModePool
resolutions. It looks like that model has a 1366x768p native
resolution so try "1366x768_60" as your mode with no modeline, this
should pull it out of the modepool. You'll want to always run in this
resolution for that tv since its the native resolution, though you
could also use "1280x720_60" or "1920x1080_60"(or "1920x1080_60i" if
it won't accept a 1080p signal) since those are the native resolutions
of HDTV sources if your TV won't accept a 1366x768 resolution.

--
Steve
Before you ask, read the FAQ!