[mythtv-users] HD Is Choppy. More RAM?

Jarod Wilson lists at wilsonet.com
Tue Feb 13 20:18:12 UTC 2007

Eric Broszeit wrote:
> Well, Doom 3 runs fine on Windows. I should have mentioned that.

That tiny detail certainly makes a difference...

> Tell me of these binary drivers you speak of.

Scroll down to the part about the nvidia X driver.

> I suppose a sample file at that res would be a good thing to try as
> well. That way I would know if it is the playback or something else.

If you didn't know about the binary nvidia driver, I can almost
guarantee you're using the open source nv driver, which is utterly
craptastic for HDTV playback, and the source of your problems.

Note: this is something that should be quite evident if you read through
the available documentation on the mythtv.org web site...

--
Jarod Wilson
jarod at wilsonet.com