[mythtv-users] Narrow Recorded Video

Calvin Harrigan charriglists at bellsouth.net
Tue Feb 13 23:42:08 UTC 2007

ryan patterson wrote:
> I don't understand the difference between "Full" and "Off" it looks
> the same on my TV.  Could you explain how it looks "wrong" on your TV?
And it should, it used to look the same on this setup as well before the
upgrade to 0.20.  In off mode it makes the picture look squeezed in from
the sides.
Not as bad as say displaying 4:3 content on a 16:9 set.  But bad
enough.  It's like myth is scaling it to some smaller unknown
resolution.  If I had to take a guess, 640 x 480?