[mythtv-users] Brief digital audio drop out after FF or CommSkip (HD & DVDs)

Jon Boehm boehm100 at comcast.net
Wed Feb 14 00:36:42 UTC 2007

Hi,

So I notice that when watching HD material after repeated FF/RW & Commercial
Skips that the digital audio will drop out for a very very short period of
time.  Its actual worse with DVDs.  When this happens I don't notice any
frame skipped or visual distortion.  I might happen very couple of minuets
or so.  I can make it stop by exiting the program or DVD then restarting it.
They normally come back later after FF/RW & Comm. skips.

Its an annoyance and a notification that I still don't have something right.
It by no means make the program unwatchable.

I have extra audio buffering turned on which seems to make it A LOT better.
Is there a place to increase this even more?

I'm using myth .20-fixed that I compiled a couple of weeks ago.

Thanks,
Jon