[mythtv-users] FC6 / OpenGL vsync == stutter (SOLVED)

John P Poet jppoet at gmail.com
Wed Feb 14 02:53:32 UTC 2007

Since upgrading from FC5 to FC6, my video has been far from smooth.
Everything in my config was the same, and I could not figure out what
FC6 was doing to cause the problem.  I finally stumbled apon this
thread:

http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=81251&highlight=FC6+legacy

Basically, adding this to my /etc/X11/xorg.conf file, fixed the problem:

Section "Extensions"
    Option "Composite" "Disable"
EndSection

I am using nVidia driver 9746 with a FX5700LE, and I am *not* loading
the nvidia-settings (which basically means that 0/SyncToVBlank=1).

John