[mythtv-users] proxying MythWeb

Mattias Holmlund mattias.holmlund at gmail.com
Wed Feb 14 05:03:25 UTC 2007

On 2/13/07, Jerome Yuzyk <jerome at supernet.ab.ca> wrote:
> On Tuesday 13 February 2007 14:25, Jerome Yuzyk wrote:
> >
> > Thank you! This was the easier solution I saw before I got too tired last
> > night to try it. Yes it's the absolute URLs in MythWeb that are messing
> > things up and apparently it was a 0.19 thing that changed this - they were
> > relative before. I don't know why they were made absolute.
> >
> > I found these links along the way that have another solution, a better one,
> > but my proxy machine is a bit too old to use it at the moment:
> >
> > http://threebit.net/mail-archive/mythtv-users/msg12758.html
> > http://www.apachetutor.org/admin/reverseproxies
> >
> > This solution requires mod_proxy_html which will rewrite the URLs on the
> > fly. http://apache.webthing.com/mod_proxy_html/

mod_proxy_html will try to rewrite all the urls that it finds. The
problem is that urls can be very hard to find. Worst case scenario is
that the urls are built in javascript, then it is impossible. I
usually give up proxying if I find out that I would have to use
mod_proxy_html...

> Oh, spoke too soon. This (simple solution) works for links, but I get no CSS
> or graphics.

I am actually not using mod_proxy myself. I use mod_rewrite's proxy
functionality instead. You might want to try that, since it is simpler
to setup than mod_proxy. I have the following in my apache conf:

RewriteEngine On
RewriteRule ^/mythweb/(.*) http://rob.holmlund.se/mythweb/$1 [P]

This works for me with mythweb 0.20.

/Mattias