[mythtv-users] Diskless

Gunnar Strand GStrand at gustra.org
Wed Feb 14 05:37:11 UTC 2007

Hi Rich,

I have a semi-diskless setup for my Linux server, where I boot from a
local harddrive, but use a ramdisk for the root partition. All other
partitions are mounted over NFS. I have set the spin-down time for the
harddrive to 30 seconds so it gets quiet quite quick. I do have
occasional problems with unwanted disk access (not sure why), but those
are rare.

I've just recently started experimenting with MythTV, and have no tuner
card yet, but showing pictures and playing movies works just fine!

KR,

/Gunnar