[mythtv-users] Can't schedule recordings [SOLVED]

Dave M G martin at autotelic.com
Wed Feb 14 12:05:34 UTC 2007

MythTV Users,

In another thread I mentioned that I solved a database error to do with
collation settings.

Basically, I had changed the collation on all the tables in the database
that seemed to be related to storing data about programs. I changed them
to utf-8. This was so I could get proper Japanese character display in
the program guide.

It seemed I had not caught all the relevant tables (I didn't change
every single table because there are a lot, and it's a tedious task to
do manually). The mismatch was causing some query errors.

I caught the errors, and converted more tables to use utf-8 collation.

I happened to notice after this that I could set programs to record in
the programme guide!

I guess the query error was causing a hold up somewhere in the process
of setting recordings.

Bottom line: make sure all the collation settings are consistent.

--
Dave M G
Ubuntu 6.10 Edgy Eft