[mythtv-users] Fwd: Is it possible to group channels ?

Christoph Mair christoph.mair at gmail.com
Thu Feb 15 01:12:12 UTC 2007

> For anyone interested i've figured out how to do this. It's actually
> quite trivial to do this via the method described below, but it'd be
> nice to have this as part of the stock mythconverg schema.

I would like to have this in stock mythtv too, but I'd like to have it
realized as a "several favorite lists", not as the "users" feature (which
would be great too). Currently I use the favorite list to separate channels
which I expect to show something interesting "most of the time" and channels
I could watch if my favorites don't show something interesting. Additional
grouping by topic or something else would be great.
I think this should not be too difficult to implement, but I didn't look at
the source code yet.

Christoph