[mythtv-users] Firewire hard locks

Allan Wilson allanwilson at gmail.com
Thu Feb 15 14:23:58 UTC 2007

I had this problem early on with firewire but haven't had it in a long time
and don't really want to think about it for fear of the problem coming back.
I think mine was related to the version of the 1394 driver I was using. When
I upgraded from dapper to edgy the problem went away. You may trying a new
version of the 1394 drivers or ask on their mailing list and see if there is
any way to lock up a system with what they are doing. Without firewire Myth
has never locked up a system on me, with firewire I have had it happen a few
times. Hope this helps some

Allan