[mythtv-users] Where do these expiry calls come from?

Nick Morrott knowledgejunkie at gmail.com
Thu Feb 15 20:22:38 UTC 2007

On 15/02/07, Dave M G <martin at autotelic.com> wrote:
> MythTV Users,
>
> I'm looking at the output from my mythtvbackend, and it says this:
>
> 2007-02-15 12:53:42.001 Finished recording ピンポン!: channel 1006
> 2007-02-15 12:56:50.297 Expiring ????? from Thu Feb 15 11:00:00 2007, 6
> MBytes, forced expire (LiveTV recording)
>
> Assuming your email is displaying the above correctly, you can see that
> in the "Finished recording" line, the Japanese title of the show
> displays just fine.
>
> But in the "Expiring" line, the title is displayed as question marks.
>
> The name of a show gets passed from xmltv, to mythfilldatabase, to the
> MySQL database, and then... what? Who is it that executes on this expiry
> function, and where does it get the name of the file from?
>
> The name of the show isn't attached to the actual video file stored on
> disk. That's just a bunch of numbers.
>
> I've looked through the database, but the tables "recorded" and
> "program" seem to all have correctly stored Japanese characters.
>
> But I'm on a hunt to try and figure out everywhere that program
> information is stored and displayed, to try and destroy every instance
> of characters not displaying correctly.
>
> Where is this Expiry function getting it's names from?

Because you are making changes from the default collation of the
database, I would recommend running the mythbackend with verbose
database logging (mythbackend -v help will show all logging options).

This will show you the exact database queries made which will in turn
reveal where the names are coming from and where the problem(s) lies.
It could well be the expirer code if the recording log output is
correct.

Nick
--
MythTV Official wiki: