[mythtv-users] Is XFS the best choice?

Willy Boyd willyboyd at gmail.com
Fri Feb 16 02:21:55 UTC 2007

On 2/15/07, Al <al210 at hamster.foxhollow.ca> wrote:
> Sounds like you would prefer it to be a non-switched outlet.
> Perhaps just bypass the switch in the switch box.  If it were me, that's
> what I'd be doing but only you know your individual circumstances.

And that individual circumstance is that I rent, and am not in a
position with the landlord to go changing that sort of thing. :)  I'd
sooner just move the tv or dvr but this is the best layout for this
particular living room.

> As far as xfs, I was using it for my video partition for quite a while.
> I did a FC4 to FC6 upgrade and afterwards would regularly get lockups.  Top
> showed mythcommflag running at lockup.
>
> After much frustration and then reading about the 4k kernel issue I changed
> to ext3 for video.
> I had been using LVM with xfs, which likely was the issue.

And maybe that was the source of my luck; I neglected to mention but
I'm not using LVM or RAID in this particular machine.  Now if I could
just get my playback issues resolved on my new hardware... but that's
another thread...