[mythtv-users] Mythdora Install 99% done

Brian Wood beww at beww.org
Sat Feb 17 01:14:44 UTC 2007

On Feb 16, 2007, at 12:53 PM, Kevin Slater wrote:

> On 2/16/07, Gil Steidle <gcsteidle at lycos.com> wrote:
> Hello,
> I have installed Mythdora 3.2 and have working: audio, ir remote,
> myth weather, epg, online video. Yea! But I can't get the pvr350 to
> show any tv channels. I have the tv-cable connected to the cable
> input on the card and am using, in mythsetup, the tuner as the
> input. I've done the epg download from zap2it and can see the
> program information listing on the screen when I select watch tv,
> but there is just noise on the screen. No audio either. Where do I
> begin to look to try and trouble shoot this?
>
> Thank you for any help.
> Gil
>

> this is just a guess since I have a PVR-250 being fed by a feed
> from a DirecTV receiver, so it's completely different, but have you
> tried hitting 'C' on a keyboard? Or whatever the equivalent key is
> on your remote to change inputs? Is this live tv where you have the
> problem? Have you tried making a short manual recording?

Check your boot log (dmesg) for information from IVTV. In particular
did it recognize the tuner type? - "type 4" is IVTV's way of saying
it doesn't know what the tuner is, and you will have to specify it
manually. My 350 is an LG TAPE H001F MK3 (idx 68 type 47) but the
Hogs use whatever tuner they found in the shop the week the card was
made.

Make sure the tuner input  of the card is associated with the correct
channel lineup, and that the proper frequency table (cable, HRC or
IRC) is being used.

You're close, IVTV is just not setting the tuner to the correct
channel, or so it seems.