[mythtv-users] Where do these expiry calls come from?

Dave M G martin at autotelic.com
Sat Feb 17 01:26:44 UTC 2007

Michael,

Thanks for replying.

> In other words, there are multiple places in the code that make
> assumptions about the need for a latin character set...multiple places
> that need fixing before it's safe to remove the requirement that Myth
> use a database configured for the latin1 character set
Fair enough. But as it stands now, the latin1 character set won't work
*at all* for displaying non-Latin character sets correctly.

By altering the database, I have Japanese characters correctly
displaying in the program guide and in half the OSD settings.

So, you are probably right that there are multiple places. My question
is, where are they, can I get at them, and if I can't get at them, who can?

The documentation and interface for MythTV indicates that it aspires for
international language support, so then let's do that.

--
Dave M G
Ubuntu 6.10 Edgy Eft