[mythtv-users] One More Try - Bad Sound with Antenna

Geoff Scott geoff.scott.mail at gmail.com
Sat Feb 17 05:18:35 UTC 2007

I'm posting to the list again to see if some kind soul can help.

I have an antenna on the side of the house collecting my TV signal.
Not HD, just standard.

The picture is great, crystal clear.  The sound is all scrambled with
a "digital white sound"... if that makes sense.

I changed to ALSA:defualt
I changed the freq table to us-cable
I changed the bit rate down to 4100

This is a Jarod's guide install on FC5.

The really, really frustrating part is that we've used Myth for 2 or
so years.  We're hooked.  WAF is extremely high.  That was on
satellite.  We're no long on satellite.  We no longer have a working
Myth box.  WAF is plummeting.

Please, please, please if anyone has any suggestions.. help a brother out.

Thanks in advance.

gs