[mythtv-users] Can't Patch mkinitrd

Beny Spensieri Jr benyjr at yahoo.ca
Sat Feb 17 07:55:07 UTC 2007

Hi,

I'm running FC6 x86_64 and I'm following Jarrod's
instructions.  I am trying to run X on the PVR 350's
output.  When I get to the part where I have to patch
/sbin/mkinitrd, I get the following:

[root at localhost ~]# patch /sbin/mkinitrd-ivtv <
mkinitrd-ivtv.patch
patching file /sbin/mkinitrd-ivtv
Hunk #1 FAILED at 97.
Hunk #2 succeeded at 728 with fuzz 2 (offset 230
lines).
Hunk #3 succeeded at 835 with fuzz 1 (offset 52
lines).
Hunk #4 succeeded at 1040 with fuzz 2 (offset 237
lines).
/sbin/mkinitrd-ivtv.rej
[root at localhost ~]#

if I then proceed with:

mkinitrd-ivtv -f --ivtvdev /boot/initrd-`uname -r`.img
`uname -r`

and then reboot, the computer does not boot using the
350's output.

Anyone have any suggestions or ideas?

Thanks,

Beny