[mythtv-users] Can't schedule recordings [SOLVED]

Stroller linux.luser at myrealbox.com
Sat Feb 17 15:10:58 UTC 2007

On 17 Feb 2007, at 08:32, Dave M G wrote:
> Stroller ,
>> If Dave isn't in a position to fix character-set-based issues then
>> perhaps he would be in a position to commit to making good &
>> comprehensive bug reports...
> Out of habit, I regularly keep detailed notes on how I do
> configurations
> for anything on my computer...
>
> So, what I have is a pretty good set of notes detailing what I've done
> to get Japanese fonts so far, and where I've hit a wall.
>
> I would love to contribute the parts I've succeeded in to the Wiki,
> and
> the parts where I could go no further to the bug reporting.
>
> I've never done this before, though, and my impression of
> developers is
> that they can be quite particular about how to report information.
> So a
> couple of pointers and directions of where and how would be nice.

The best bet is probably to repost the above to the -dev list. I
don't know the procedures for Myth, but from my experiences of other
projects you're an ideal tester that any developer would be pleased
to utilise.

My only concern (on reflection, after my GP post) is that there's
only one of you - a developer might reasonably feel that he needs
more than one tester in order to ensure that no bugs are missed.

I have no doubt that non-English (Kanji?) character support is
considered desirable - I guess I'm surprised that you're the first
person to investigate it. Myth is really quite well-known amongst my
geek friends, and would surely be the first choice for any of them if
they had the time & money for a "proper" home PVR. This begs the
question: are there no Linux users in Japan?

Stroller.