[mythtv-users] Image Quality PVR-500

J. David Maino david.maino at gmail.com
Sun Feb 18 19:03:55 UTC 2007

I got my PVR-500 working with the help of the guys over at the IVTV user
list, and now I have some weird issues with image quality. Here are some
sample mpg files: http://psuae.org/mpg/index.html

The ones labeled with mythtv at the end were recorded in mythtv and the
ones without were taken using 'cat /dev/video[0|1] > /tmp/card[0|1]' and
using ivtv-tune to tune to the different channels. The quality
difference is most noticeable on card0.

Anyone have any ideas why there's a lack of color on card0 when using
mythtv? Also, any help on the quality of the images would be
appreciated. I don't know if there's much I can do since that's a
Samsung tuner, which I know has a lot of problems, but any help you
could offer would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Dave