[mythtv-users] Windows front end options?

Phill Edwards philledwards at gmail.com
Mon Feb 19 01:38:22 UTC 2007

> I saw that already.. I also found 4 other options.  I'm trying to find out
> what people are using and why?

I tried http://www.sudu.dk/mythtvplayer/ but this doesn't allow you to
fast fwd or reverse .NUV files which is a bit of a showstopper for me.
Last time I used it Tapeworm also had some problems in setting
parameters to call the media player with.

To be honest, I think one of the easiest ways is to use mythrename.pl
and map a samba drive to where the links get created. You can then
just watch these using the old Windows mediaplayer vsn 6. This lets
you go fwd/backwards using the slider bar even with .NUVs.

Regards,
Phill