[mythtv-users] multi-encoder backend: confused about which chanels are on which encoder

Nick Morrott knowledgejunkie at gmail.com
Mon Feb 19 05:03:02 UTC 2007

On 19/02/07, Seth Hettich <sjh at zorak.net> wrote:
> Thanks, I'll give that a try.  Will removing/re-adding that stuff kill
> all my existing schedules/etc?

Details of previous recordings ('oldrecorded') and recording rules
('record') record the 'station' the rule/showing was setup for (which
should be the same after you've reinstalled, and is important for the
scheduler) *but* they also store the 'chanid' (the unique channel
identifier) which may likely change after the reinstall (this number
has no meaningful significance).

I would hope that as long as the station identifiers stay the same,
rules and duplicate detection will continue to work. I haven't tried
this myself though, have not looked over the code, and can't guarantee
anything. You can tweak your recording rules by hand to get them
working again, but this requires knowledge of how they work and a
familiarity with SQL.

Nick
--
MythTV Official wiki: