[mythtv-users] OpenGL Painter ???

Yan Seiner yan at seiner.com
Mon Feb 19 05:03:05 UTC 2007

Brian Wood napsal(a):
> I guess I just don't get it when it comes to eye-candy, but then I
> grew up in the era of ASR-33 teletypes :-)

Hah!  The young'uns don't know what they're missing.... A 300 cps paper
tape punch was a thing of envy....

Try storing even a minute of HD on one of those....  :-)

I spent hours listening to an ASR-33 punch tape at what... 12 CPS?  What
a racket!  And a few years later I saw one sitting by the dumpster.  I
really, really thought about taking it with me, but I had no room for
it.  We used to steal the paper towel rolls from the bathroom for paper
since the 'official' rolls were so bloody expensive.

(and if you don't know what an ASR-33 teletype is, you need to take a
history lesson....)

--Yan