[mythtv-users] Program information storage

Shawn Rutledge shawn.t.rutledge at gmail.com
Mon Feb 19 07:11:16 UTC 2007

I see that I have about 53,000 entries in my "people" table.  Since
name is type char(128) (not even varchar!) they take up a lot of
space.  In general the myth database is taking up several gigs.  Other
big tables are credits (111,369 rows), program, programgenres, and
recordedseek.  Is this normal?  Is there some periodic cleanup I ought
to do to save space and optimize the database?