[mythtv-users] Problems ripping "RV" - how to transcode once it is ripped with another program?

Brian brian at miatar.org
Mon Feb 19 15:30:21 UTC 2007

> I have no Linux solution, but I've been able to generate
> great RIPs of everything using these on Windows:
>
> RipIt4Me (coupled with DVD decrypter) gets any VOB file I've
> tried.  I just set DVD Decrypter to not do file breaks (so I
> get on VOB) in the settings after it imports the protected
> sector list.
> Then I import this VOB into Nero for burning to DVD except I
> select Export before creating the burn and make it an
> extendend play MPG in DVD format with 5.1 audio.  This
> results in about 50% of the size of the VOB but with 5.1
> audio and I have yet to have the audio sync problems I used
> to have using VirtualDub to Divx on Windows before this.
>
> Kevin

Just chiming in to offer a few suggestions.

Under Windoze I use AnyDVD ($29), DVD Shrink and DVD Decrypter with great
success in backing up DVDs. DVDFab ($?) also worked well and is easy to use
(this is what my sister uses).

AnyDVD http://www.slysoft.com/en/anydvd.html
DVDFab http://www.dvdfab.com/
DVD Shrink http://www.dvdshrink.org/index.html
DVD Decrypter Find via Google. Last version is 3.5.4