[mythtv-users] Image Quality PVR-500

J. David Maino david.maino at gmail.com
Mon Feb 19 15:47:37 UTC 2007

I would love to be able to pretend that I knew what all this means  :)

I found the option in Mythtv to do deinterlacing, but that does not seem
to have helped. What are the other modes you're talking about? I have an
Athlon 3200+ in this machine with 1.5gigs of ram. Not going to win any
speed contests, but it's not terribly slow either.

I also figured out how to finetune the channels, which helped with the
coloration of the one tuner. So now I have 2 tuners that look nearly
identical on each channel, but from channel to channel the quality can
vary greatly. On some channels the quality is fine (I say fine, but
considering I'm used to my old ATI TV Wonder VE, take that worth a grain
of salt), but on others it's just bad. Do I need to go through and
finetune each individual channel? It seems to mostly be the lower
channels that are poorer quality, so I don't know if that may give clues
as to what's going on.

Thanks,
Dave