[mythtv-users] MythIPTV Beta 2

Michael Still mikal at stillhq.com
Mon Feb 19 18:11:09 UTC 2007

Hi again.

There's a new version of MythIPTV now at
http://www.stillhq.com/mythtv/mythiptv/source/beta-2/

This version adds the following:

 - subscription management: you can add RSS URLs to watch,
   list them, update them (download new versions of the XML and
   import the shows), and remove them

 - ad hoc video management: add a remote URL to the TODO list,
   download a remote URL and import it now, import a local file

 - transcoding: it's quite probable that you'll encounter a
   video format which isn't know. Please report it if you do

 - statistics: how many programs do I have? how many are waiting
   to download? how much data have I downloaded so far?

 - reporting: what shows would be downloaded next? what does the
   internal log say about the state of MythIPTV?

Once again, this is a beta, so good backups are needed. I would love
more feedback.

Oh, and you _really_ need mplayer and mencoder installed now. Really.

Cheers,
Mikal