[mythtv-users] MythIPTV Beta 2

Kevin Kuphal kuphal at dls.net
Mon Feb 19 19:11:27 UTC 2007

Michael Still wrote:
> Hi again.
>
> There's a new version of MythIPTV now at
> http://www.stillhq.com/mythtv/mythiptv/source/beta-2/
>
> This version adds the following:
>
>  - subscription management: you can add RSS URLs to watch,
>    list them, update them (download new versions of the XML and
>    import the shows), and remove them
>
>  - ad hoc video management: add a remote URL to the TODO list,
>    download a remote URL and import it now, import a local file
>
>  - transcoding: it's quite probable that you'll encounter a
>    video format which isn't know. Please report it if you do
>
>  - statistics: how many programs do I have? how many are waiting
>    to download? how much data have I downloaded so far?
>
>  - reporting: what shows would be downloaded next? what does the
>    internal log say about the state of MythIPTV?
>
> Once again, this is a beta, so good backups are needed. I would love
> more feedback.
>
> Oh, and you _really_ need mplayer and mencoder installed now. Really.

Going back to the MythNews topic.  The support in MythNews doesn't
require  much else except the title for displaying enclosures.  The
point I was making earlier is that your efforts are great and would be
better appreciated by extending MythNews to support the management of
videos features you've added because the RSS display and management of
feeds is already there and ready to go.

Kevin