[mythtv-users] SPDIF problems, SOLVED for now

Kevin Ould crippler75 at gmail.com
Tue Feb 20 03:17:28 UTC 2007

On 2/19/07, Brad Fuller <bradallenfuller at yahoo.com> wrote:

> Kevin Ould wrote:
> >
> > I rebooted my machine tonight and booted back into windows to check a
> > couple of things from my SageTV install and when I booted back into
> > Linux my SPDIF starting outputting full volume for PCM material again.
> > No clue why it is working but it is for now!! Woot Woot!!
>
> sounds like a driver got loaded. Maybe you have problem loading the
> driver into hardware in linux.

I am not sure to be honest what was causing the issue as I had rebooted many
times prior to this with no luck and had given up on fixing the issue for
now and moved onto working on some other things still outstanding on my
"todo" list for this box. Maybe when I booted into Windows something funky
happened to magically fix my linux problem. If the problem returns I will be
sure to try a boot into Windows and see if I can reproduce the solution. :-)

Kevin