[mythtv-users] how long should commercial flagging take to complete?

Kevin Ould crippler75 at gmail.com
Tue Feb 20 03:48:34 UTC 2007

On 2/19/07, Blammo <blammo.doh at gmail.com> wrote:

> I'd probably kill it.
>
> How are you starting mythbackend? Is it running from a init.d entry
> (like automatically on startup) or are you starting it from a command
> line?
>
> If you are starting it from a command line, you'll want to add
> something like this:
>
> mythbackend --logfile /var/log/mythtv/mythbackend.log
>
> There's a whole slew of levels of debugging you can turn on with the
> -v switch.. Here's the other options you can push via the command
> line, then the debug switches:

Well I went ahead and killed mythbackend. I restarted it from terminal with
"mythbackend -l /var/log/mythtv.log -v commflag" and I have since watched
about 3 hours of tv and recorded one 1 hour program. I checked mythweb just
now and it is still trying to run the job on the Family Guy episode from
last evening. I just checked the log file and it seems as though it is
putting pretty much everything into the log file at the moment so it is a
bit hard to sift through for commflag stuff. When I cursor over the job in
mythweb under status it says it's running in green and under note it says
searching for logo. The status was from 7:30 though which is about when I
fired up mythbackend. Obviously something isn't working, either it doesn't
like the recording or I have some other issues which is probably likely. Is
there a way to cancel this job and let it move on to the next and see if
that works. I have another show I recorded tonight waiting to be flagged.

Thanks,

Kevin