[mythtv-users] Lament: mythstreamtv

McNally mcnallychris at pobox.com
Tue Feb 20 19:33:42 UTC 2007

 >> Here is the original compile error of the recommended ffmpeg
 >>
 >> [root[at]localhost ffmpeg-0.4.9-pre1]# make
 >> make -C libavcodec all
 >> make[1]: Entering directory
 >> `/home/mythtv/install/ffmpeg-0.4.9-pre1/libavcodec'
 >> gcc -O3 -g -Wall -DHAVE_AV_CONFIG_H -I.. -D_FILE_OFFSET_BITS=64
 >> -D_LARGEFILE_SOURCE -D_GNU_SOURCE -c -o common.o common.c
 >> In file included from avcodec.h:14,
 >> from common.c:28:
 >> common.h:67: error: array type has incomplete element type
 >> common.h:71: error: array type has incomplete element type
 >> make[1]: *** [common.o] Error 1
 >> make[1]: Leaving directory
 >> `/home/mythtv/install/ffmpeg-0.4.9-pre1/libavcodec'
 >> make: *** [lib] Error 2
 >>

 >gavin wrote:
 >
 >What version of gcc are you using? I've seen that error when trying to
 >compile using gcc4 on ppc. If you're using gcc4 at the moment, try using
 >gcc3.4 or similar. It's worked for me in the past.
 >

 >Gavin
 >--
 >Gavin Fry

Thanks for replying, I think you are right, I do have gcc 4. However I
am *giving up* compiling and installing (I tried to install a 2nd GCC
and more errors). I am very happy with everything else on this
backend/frontend so I will save installation of MythstreamTV until my
next box, which will be a  KnoppMyth install, since it has a working
version of MythStreamTV.

thanks again,

Chris Mcnally