[mythtv-users] Mythbackend Crashes While Changing Channels on HD-5500

Kirk Bocek t004 at kbocek.com
Tue Feb 20 21:09:19 UTC 2007

Dennis Hand wrote:
>> -I start to see things like "cx88[0]: irq aud [0x1001] dn_risci1* dn_sync*
>> cx88[0]/1: clearing mask" on the mythbackend console
>
> Just a guess here but do you by chance have the alsa-driver and alsa-kmdl
> installed on your system? If so, try removing those two packages and see if
> things work better. This won't hurt anything unless you happen to be using
> a brand new version of soundcard that requires this.

This is a CentOS 4.4 host. No, there's no RPM installed by either of those names.

In addition, there actually isn't any sound card installed. This is a server
and the 'sound card' is the digital sound off of the HD-5500.

Are you saying there are ALSA services that could be disabled or removed?

Thanks,
Kirk Bocek