[mythtv-users] Undelete - new feature idea

Yeechang Lee ylee at pobox.com
Wed Feb 21 02:49:53 UTC 2007

Fred Squires <fsquires at gmail.com> says:
> Wouldn't it make more sense to have the delete function move the
> recording you'd like to delete to a hidden "Delete" group (similar
> to the "Live TV" group), which would have a higher auto-expire
> priority than even the "Live TV" group?

I like this solution quite a bit. Simple, effective, takes advantage
of already-existing features, and likely could be implemented with
just a few lines of code.

I delete most programs after watching them, but keep certain movies
and TV shows I especially enjoy (_The OC_ and _30 Rock_, for
example). At the same time, my Push Delete-Up-Select-on-remote reflex
at the end of a program is so deeply ingrained that I worry about
doing this for those I want to keep, even with that confirmation
dialogue. Undelete would further mitigate the risk of such a
happening.