[mythtv-users] backend power

Steven Adeff adeffs.mythtv at gmail.com
Wed Feb 21 15:35:07 UTC 2007

On 2/19/07, Jared Greenwald <greenwaldjared at gmail.com> wrote:
> On 2/19/07, Brad DerManouelian <myth at dermanouelian.com> wrote:
> > On Feb 19, 2007, at 2:29 PM, Jared Greenwald wrote:
> > > I'd be interested to hear more about your configuration.  As in,
> > > what is exported and where it's mounted on the frontend-only
> > > machines...
> > >

> > Go through the setup screens for each plugin. You will see
> > directories for where the files are expected. This varies on
> > distribution. You can put them wherever you'd like.
> >
> > Oh, and please stop top-posting.
>
> Rather a pain in the ass, but ok .  Gmail automatically sets the reply up so
> its at the top.
>
> Anyway, I do understand how NFS works, I was more just curious of what the
> intended layout is supposed to look like.

There is no "intended" layout, some people may use /var/myth, I
personally use /MythTV and mount tv, music, videos, etc under that and
then export across the network as needed (my music and videos are
drives under my main frontend while tv are drives on my backend).

--
Steve
Before you ask, read the FAQ!