[mythtv-users] New IVTV Changes

Willy Boyd willyboyd at gmail.com
Wed Feb 21 20:24:31 UTC 2007

On 2/21/07, Marc Alban <malban at mail.utexas.edu> wrote:
> Jeff volckaert wrote:
> > If anyone has settings they use I'd be curious to see them and
> > possibly test them.
> I have been using these settings:
>
> # set capture to NTSC
> v4l2-ctl -i 0
> v4l2-ctl -s ntsc
> v4l2-ctl -v width=720,height=480
>
> # enable closed captioning
> v4l2-ctl --set-fmt-sliced-vbi=cc -c stream_vbi_format=1

Doesn't Myth handle some of these settings itself?  Especially
width/height, I would think.  However, the filters and
brightness/saturation has me intrigued.  I've noticed when I switched
to analog capture that recordings are a bit brighter than they used to
be -- sometimes completely washed out on a really white scene.  This
is with a pvr250 I've been using for like 3 years.