[mythtv-users] asking for help for the problems about developing simple myth plugins

David Watkins watkinshome at gmail.com
Thu Feb 22 09:09:09 UTC 2007

> (2)note: my os is MythDora, which includes mythtv, and I don't need to
> install mythtv after finishing installing mythdora, and can use mythtv
> directly.
> Moreover, there are the same lib and header files in
> /root/mythtv/libs/libmyth on my system, does this mean I need not to compile
> the myth source code again and the required header files have exist?

MythDora is a prebuilt distribution so I would not expect it to
contain the source code or headers for mythtv development.

You may be able to download the full mythtv package from SVN, though
that might break your MythDora setup because of different
configuration, or I think there's a mythtv-devel rpm that you could
try.

But, if I were I, you I'd start from a full linux installation (eg
Fedora FC6 or any other favourite), install mythtv from SVN and get
that to compile, before you start developing plugins.

HTH