[mythtv-users] Powerstrip modeline not working

Phill Edwards philledwards at gmail.com
Thu Feb 22 12:15:15 UTC 2007

> > if your using an NVIDIA card with a recent driver
>
> How can I tell which driver is being used?
>
> > (and if your running
> > a HDTV you should use the 9xxx series) you can try the ModePool
> > resolutions. It looks like that model has a 1366x768p native
> > resolution so try "1366x768_60" as your mode with no modeline, this
> > should pull it out of the modepool. You'll want to always run in this
> > resolution for that tv since its the native resolution, though you
> > could also use "1280x720_60" or "1920x1080_60"(or "1920x1080_60i" if
> > it won't accept a 1080p signal) since those are the native resolutions
> > of HDTV sources if your TV won't accept a 1366x768 resolution.
>
> The xorg.conf got recreated from scratch as the old one wouldn't work
> after I upgarded to a newer kernel and nvidia modules. I'm now on
> 9746. I edited xorg.conf so that it says:
> But the only resolutions that are available are "800x600" & "640x480".
> I get this in my log Xorg.0.log:
>
> How come it doesn't like 1366x768_60?

Subsequent to this I noticed that the newly created xorg.conf is using
the vesa driver not the nvidia driver. I thought this may be the
problem so I changed it to nvidia, but then X won't start and
complains that it can't open the nvidia module. I'm totally confused
now - how come it can't use the nvidia driver?

Regards,
Phill