[mythtv-users] Off Topic: Auto mount samba shares

Joacim J jocke4news at gmail.com
Thu Feb 22 20:30:43 UTC 2007

Hello,

I am a bit off topic here but hopes for some ideas...

I have a server and a client both running Fedora Core 6. The server have a
number of samba shares and different users have different access (e.g. no
access, read, read/write). Those shares I would like to have mounted
automatically at login time (not via fstab) and this because the client are
used by others in the family.

User A
Read access to //server/movies to be mounted as /home/UserA/movies

User B
Read/Write access to //server/movies to be mounted as /home/UserB/movies
Read/Write access to //server/apps to be mounted as /home/UserB/apps

How can I solve this??

--
Regards
Joacim