[mythtv-users] application not reading fast enough?

Tony Lill ajlill at ajlc.waterloo.on.ca
Thu Feb 22 23:41:46 UTC 2007

Rich West <Rich.West at wesmo.com> writes:

> I hadn't noticed these errors previously, but I cannot say for sure if
> they were or were not showing up...
>
> I'm seeing errors like :
> ivtv2: All encoder MPEG stream buffers are full. Dropping data.
> ivtv2: Cause: the application is not reading fast enough.
> ivtv0: All encoder MPEG stream buffers are full. Dropping data.
> ivtv0: Cause: the application is not reading fast enough.
>
> I wasn't (and, after some googling, I am still not) sure what to make of
> them.  The only thing that I came across that had a fair amount of
> relevance was:
> http://malformed.org/2006/01/31/new-ivtv-error-from-mythtv-ivtv0-all-encoder-mpeg-stream-buffers-are-full-dropping-data/
>
> Which was on some blog from back in Jan 2006.  I figure that information
> is probably a bit old, and, from the info on the ivtv wiki, the options
> mentioned in the blog entry are probably out dated as well.
>
> So.. the question.. is this really ivtv related, or is it a mythtv
> issue?  Or, perhaps, is it a hardware issue (not being able to write to
> disk fast enough)?

It's probably a myth problem. Check out.

http://svn.mythtv.org/trac/ticket/1660

--
Tony Lill,                         Tony.Lill at AJLC.Waterloo.ON.CA
President, A. J. Lill Consultants        fax/data (519) 650 3571

Understatement of the century:
"Hello everybody out there using minix - I'm doing a (free) operating
 system (just a hobby, won't be big and professional like gnu) for
 386(486) AT clones"

	- Linus Torvalds, August 1991